Barnard Health and Cancer Information Center (BHCIC) Job Description
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Provide excellent service for patrons who visit or call.
- Greet visitors as they enter the BHCIC.
- Assist patients, visitors and staff with pertinent educational materials and information.
- Answer visitor questions and help them find information. When unable to provide information or service, refer visitors to a staff member.
- Assist in answering the phone.
- Provide directions or refer patrons to appropriate staff for directions.
- Maintain activity log.
- Schedule the BHCIC conference room as needed.
- Register patients/staff for programs held in the BHCIC.
- Assist with financial forms:
- Give forms to patient.
- Help patient complete forms as needed.
- Provide completed financial assistance forms to the nurse.
- Photocopy and fax as needed.
- Fill literature racks with predetermined materials.
- Maintain supply of educational materials by transferring them from the work room to the main area
- Pick up mail from mail room and place it in appropriate mailboxes.
- Assemble packets with predetermined materials.
- Unpack boxes (brochures, nutrition supplements, etc.).
- Assist with special events preparation as needed (conferences, marketing events, etc.).
- Deliver monthly calendars to designated areas.
- Provide inpatient services to inpatients.
- Make deliveries as directed by staff, including taking informational brochures to inpatient areas.
- Assist with library lending process.
- Assist with other duties as designated.