Chess for Life Program Volunteer Job Description
Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. first Monday of the month
- Give personalized instruction to patients and caregivers who are interested in learning how to play chess or improve their chess-playing skills.
- Discuss strategy and answer a variety of questions about the game of chess.
- Provide a fun and nonintimidating environment while playing chess with patients and caregivers who are just introduced to the game.
- Link patients and caregivers to the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis for additional activities.
- Act as an opponent to more experienced chess players.