Who Should Consider Cancer Risk Assessment
The following groups of people may want to consider cancer risk assessment:
- Any person with a family history of cancer who is interested in learning more about his or her family-based cancer risk.
- Any person who has a family member with hereditary cancer.
- Any person who is considering prophylactic medical or surgical therapy because of his or her family history of cancer.
- Any person who was diagnosed with cancer early in adulthood
- Any person who is interested in learning more about genetic testing for cancer.