Barnes-Jewish Hospital Cancer Committee
The Cancer Committee is comprised of representatives from specialties and subspecialties involved in the diagnosis, treatment and support of cancer patients, including but not limited to surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology, diagnostic radiology, pathology, the cancer liaison physician, hospital administration, nursing, social services, oncology data services and clinical quality.
- Develop and evaluate annual goals and objectives for clinical, educational and programmatic endeavors related to cancer care.
- Promote a coordinated multidisciplinary approach to patient management.
- Ensure educational and consultative cancer conferences cover all major sites and related issues and are available to the medical staff and allied health professionals.
- Ensure an active supportive care system for patients, families and staff; evaluating adverse drug reactions and medication errors and making appropriate recommendations to prevent their occurrence.
- Advise the pharmacy in the implementation of effective distribution and control procedures for all drugs (including investigational drugs).
Last updated: 7/11/14