Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure
About 40,000 Americans will die from breast cancer this year, making it the second-leading cause of cancer death among women in the country.
You can help fight the disease by joining the Siteman Cancer Center for the Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure on June 13 in downtown St. Louis. This year marks the 17th anniversary of the event. Participants can select from several race options, including:
- A timed 5K run ($35 entry fee)
- A noncompetitive 5K run/walk ($30 entry fee)
- Kids for Komen (ages 4-10; Youth T-shirt) $20
Siteman Team Benefits
Komen Race for the Cure Siteman Cancer Center Team Shirt
Participants who join the Siteman team will receive two T-shirts – a Komen St. Louis Race for the Cure shirt and a specially designed Siteman team shirt.
In addition, team members who register online will be entered into a special drawing to win one of two Fitbit Charge HR devices.
To sign up as a member of the Siteman team:
- Visit the team's page on the Komen St. Louis website.
- Click on the “Join Team” button
- Log in using your user name and password. (You must use last year's user name and password, or if you are a new participant, you will create a user name and password.)
- Follow the steps for registration. In the "Building/Employee Number" box, please indicate where you want to pick up your race T-shirts. (See pickup location information below.)
The deadline for online registration is midnight May 29. If you prefer to register by mail, click here to download a paper form. Paper forms must be postmarked by May 27 or be hand delivered to the Barnard Heath and Cancer Information Center by May 29.
For specific questions, call the team hotline at 314-747-0328 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you join our team, be sure to follow our progress and receive important updates on Facebook. Just go to our team page at www.facebook.com/SitemanKomenTeam and click the "Like" button.
T-shirt pickup for team members will be held in the following locations from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. during the dates listed:
- Main Campus – June 6 and June 8 to 10
Barnard Health and Cancer Information Center in the lobby of the Center for Advanced Medicine, 4921 Parkview Place, St. Louis, MO 63110. Parking is available in the North Garage, 224 S. Euclid Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110 (directions).
- West County – June 8 to 10
Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, 10 Barnes West Drive, Creve Coeur, MO 63141 (directions).
- St. Peters – June 8 to 10
Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, 150 Entrance Way, St. Peters, MO 63376 (directions) .
- South County – June 8 to 10
Siteman Cancer Center-South County, 5225 Midamerica Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63129 (directions) .
Participants who organize subteams of 10 or more members are eligible to have their teams’ T-shirts prepacked for pickup. For more information about the benefits of creating a subteam, call 314-454-8094.